Thursday 7 May 2009

Captain's Blog 07.05.09

Well, as I've had a load of VOs back for Ep3, I've embarked on starting to put the next episode together already. Got the effects shots done and out, ready for dropping in, and did the first sequence I can complete with the VOs available last night.

Bleedin Kwis; already done ALL his lines for Episode 3, 4 and 5 (and, bearing in mind he does FOUR seperate roles in Episode 5, the fact he rattled off all 4 (AND they all sound different!) is just mind boggling... and I thought I didn't sleep... it seems to be catching...)

So, with all seven episodes written, Episodes One and Two shot and released, and Episode Three underway, things are looking nice and organised for Odyssey.

My Conquest project is coming along nicely; Master Yodel seems happy enough with what I've scribbled down so far, so all good on that front.

Busy as hell at work right at the moment and, coupled with Skype playing silly buggers the last few days and a potential HD error that has reared its ugly head in the last coupla days as well, I'm not as active as I usually am right now; managed to get a coupla hours shooting done last night setting up my episode 3 studio lot, loading in the cast and guest stars and getting the first sequence done, so am hoping to get stuff filmed and out as time progresses. Doing it in small chunks means a) less mad scrambling to get it all out in one big run at it, b) more time to key up cameras and sets how I want them and c) enables me to switch in and out of "director" mode and "writer" mode to avoid burning out by doing one or the other too much.

Well, more stuff to do so away we go, into the wild blue yonder...

No comments:

Captain's Blog: TMU has resurfaced!

Happened to notice the dial on my browser suddenly showing the TMU site thumbnail again today, so tried going onto tmunderground and... it w...